2009-03-02

Tourist Guide of the Day - Marta Veciana












Who is this guide?
Marta Veciana, a tourist guide in Barcelona of Spain.

What does this guide do?
I am born in Barcelona, and I have been always in love with my city. I had great teachers in high school that transferred to me their passion for our history and architecture, and they encouraged me to never stop reading and learning about Barcelona.

After university I spent one year traveling, and when I came back I got a job as part of the Information staff of the Sagrada Familia, the unfinished Gaudi church and the most visited monument in Barcelona. As well as helping the visitors, my responsibilities included giving private tours to personalities, press and special guests. I worked there for almost three years, enjoying the company of employees who had spent a large part of their lives in such an amazing building, and appreciating the advice and explanations of the architects that are continuing the works. Having the chance of discovering the amazing Gaudi world from its insides has been one of the best experiences in my life.

After I passed the official exam to be able to work as a tour guide in the city, I started working as a fulltime freelance tourguide and I created my own company FOREVERBARCELONA.

I'm in love with my city, and I'm passionate about my job. I do enjoy being an ambassador of Barcelona for our visitors, and I feel really happy when I see my guests falling in love with our city.

How to find this guide?
Profile Link: Marta Veciana,


http://www.ourexplorer.com/tour-guide-marta-laurent-veciana-1501.aspx

Personal Websites:
Marta Veciana, CUSTOMIZED TOURS IN BARCELONA AND SURROUNDINGS, http://foreverbarcelona.com/

Foreverbarcelona - A Barcelona Tourguide Blog, http://foreverbarcelona.blogspot.com/

没有评论: